Welcome to the Villas by the Bay Online Application
RESIDENT QUALIFYING CRITERIA
We are delighted that you are interested in leasing a dwelling in our apartment community. In order to help you in making your decision, we have listed below the criteria for qualifying as a resident with us.
- A separate rental application must be fully completed, dated and signed by each applicant and all co-applicants 18 and over.
- The rental application will be reviewed when submitted so we'll have all information needed to determine your eligibility.
- Each applicant must provide a government issued photo identification.
- Applicants who are first-time renters or who do not have sufficient income under paragraph 6 below may qualify by having the lease guaranteed by a guarantor. The guarantor must have a gross monthly income of at least 5 times the monthly rent and must meet all other qualifying criteria. The guarantor must complete and sign a lease guaranty agreement. Guarantors may be held responsible for all the lease obligations, including the entire rent and other costs, such as damages, even if you have roommates.
- No more than two adults per bedroom, in most circumstances
- Employment and monthly income must be verifiable. Total monthly income of all applicants must be 2.7 times monthly rent. (Otherwise, a guarantor is necessary.)
- Applicant(s) may be denied occupancy for the following reasons:
A. Falsification of application by any applicant.
B. Incomplete application by any applicant
C. Insufficient income (total of all applicants)
D. Criminal conviction history of violent, predatory or sexual crime committed by any applicant or by other occupants.
E. Non violent felonies may be accepted if disposition is 10 years or older and no criminal record since.
F. Misdemeanors may be accepted on a case by case basis.
G. Poor rental profile of any applicant (rental history reports are obtained). Rental history of:
- Non-payment or frequent late payments of rent
- Evictions (up to 1 eviction allowed, if two years of satisfactory rental are verified since)
- Drug use
- Poor housekeeping
- Unruly or destructive behavior by applicant, or applicant's guests
- Violence to persons or property by applicant, or applicant's guests
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND FOR RENTAL PROPERTIES, ONCE NOTIFIED OF APPROVAL, YOU MUST SIGN A LEASE WITHIN 72 HRS.
We do not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability or Familial status.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW THE PROPERTY'S RENTAL SELECTION CRITERIA, WHICH INCLUDES REASONS WHY MY APPLICATION MAY BE DENIED, SUCH AS CRIMINAL HISTORY, CREDIT HISTORY, CURRENT INCOME, AND RENTAL HISTORY. I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I DO NOT MEET THE PROPERTY'S RENTAL SELECTION CRITERIA OR IF I FAIL TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION OR GIVE FALSE INFORMATION, THE PROPERTY MAY REJECT THE APPLICATION, RETAIN ALL APPLICATION FEES, ADMINISTRATIVE FEES, AND DEPOSITS AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES FOR ITS TIME AND EXPENSE, AND TERMINATE MY RIGHT OF OCCUPANCY.
Additional Fees Acknowledgement
I acknowledge and fully understand that during and or after the rental application process additional fees may apply. In addition, I understand information provided during the rental processing phase may require the request for additional fees, which are non-refundable at move out.
UNDERSTAND THAT IF I DO NOT MEET THE PROPERTY'S RENTAL SELECTION CRITERIA OR IF I FAIL TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION OR GIVE FALSE INFORMATION, THE PROPERTY MAY REJECT THE APPLICATION AND THIS WILL FORFEIT ANY FEES PAID SHOULD MANAGEMENT SEE FIT.
**IF YOU APPLY FOR A SPECIFIC UNIT AND LATER DECIDE YOU WANT A DIFFERET FLOORPLAN OR LOCATION YOU MUST LET US KNOW 14 DAYS PRIOR TO ORIGINAL MOVE IN DATE. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO A $45 FEE WILL BE CHARGED PER PERSON.
I acknowledge that the utilities (electric) must be put into my name starting on the date I take possession of keys. If this is not done, the Property reserves the right to refuse or delay move in. If for any reason I move in without electric services, I understand that the power is going to be shut off 24 hours after move in. I also understand that upon move out I will keep the utilities in my name until the entire lease is fulfilled.
I will pay the utilities for the dates that I am responsible for the apartment in full. In the event it becomes necessary to bill me for daily use of any utilities, I understand I will be responsible for an additional fifty dollars ($50.00) processing fee each time I am billed for each utility.
In addition, I acknowledge that I am responsible to pay for water, gas, trash services and/or washer & dryer to the property each month. I understand that it is due on the first in addition to rent each month.
The Utility Bills are as follows: This includes Water, Gas, Trash, & Pest
1 Occupant $51
2 Occupants $69
3 Occupants $87
4 Occupants $100
* Washer/Dryer $45 (optional)
*If bringing your OWN Washer/Dryer Renters Insurance is required by move in date
RESTRICTED BREEDS: full-blooded or mixed percentage of breeds below
Picture of pet required prior to processing application
- AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER
- AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER
- STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER
- CHOW CHOW
- DOBERMAN PINSCHER
- ALASKAN MALAMUTE
- SIBERIAN HUSKY
- PRESA CANARIO
- WOLF HYBRID
PROHIBITS EXOTIC PETS
- POT BELLY PIGS
By choosing "I Agree" and continuing to the application, you acknowledge that you have read AND understand ALL of the above information.
Please note that no application will be processed without payment of all applicable fees.
Please choose "I Agree" to continue to the application.